Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/15

Hello family! This week has been very eventful! We did another exchange this week and I went with Sister Wilson in Pullman, Washington for the day. She is the same age as me but has been out a year. She left the summer after high school. She told me that she was super homesick her first couple months of her mission. She said she loves her mission now though and gave me some tips on how to make the mission more fun! I learned a lot from her. The day I got back to Moscow with Sister Ungricht, I had a package waiting for me from Brianne. It was so good, it had double stuff oreos. Peanut butter and Oreos together are amazing by the way! We taught a lesson to Matthew last week and he said that he wasn''t sure about baptism yet because he is really involved in his other church. He was introduced to the Bible by his friends from Canyon Creek church. He goes to all the meetings at his church and kind of wants to be baptized by one of his friends in that church. We have taught him about the priesthood authority but I guess we are going to stress it more with him at our lesson tonight. My ponderizing scripture for the week is Alma 32:27-28. I have been thinking a lot about my testimony. I really do not have a solid foundation because every time an investigator challenges Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon, I have doubts enter my mind. So I have been working on planting that seed by fervently praying and pondering the scriptures. In Alma 32:28, Alma talks about swelling motions within you and that you will know it is a good seed. I have felt comfort and love as I have read the scriptures and prayed. I really want to share this love with everyone around me. I want to learn how to apply the atonement in my life to become a happy and healthy person. I then want to help other people come unto Christ so that they can receive strength beyond their own. Today, we had an adventure. Sister Ungricht and I went on a run and did our studies this morning like normally. We then went to Walmart to shop. We got all our food and then Sister Ungricht wanted to go get her flu shot since the mission pays for it. So we went to the pharmacy and I was like I guess I will get one too since we are here. Sister Ungricht gets her shot first, sits in the chair in the booth, and the woman gives her the shot. She gets up and then I walk over and sit in the chair to get my shot. Sister Ungricht is behind me waiting for me. I start to get nervous like always before a needle gets stuck in me. The woman cleans my shoulder and is seriously about to stick me with the needle, when we hear a clunk behind us. I quickly turn around and I see Sister Ungricht passed out on the floor. The nurse quickly hurries over to her and yells for the other assistant to call 911. Sister Ungricht is like shaking a little bit and then lets out a groan. I am just in shock while the nurse starts asking me if she has seizures or heart problems. I tell her no and Sister Ungricht slowly regains conscious and raises her head off the floor. We wait for the paramedics to get there. They take her vitals and make sure that her head is ok. The nurse then turns to me and asks, "Do you still want your flu shot?" I stand there for a second and then I'm like "No, that's ok". So I did not get the flu shot. Sister Ungricht is still very pale and dizzy and cannot walk to the car so she gets carried out to the ambulance to go to the hospital. So I got to ride in an ambulance on the way to Moscow hospital. The doctor checked her out there and she is ok now. She is emailing her family right now. She will just have a big bruise on the side of her face... perfect for Halloween. I was so worried for her though! I love Sister Ungricht and my heart was pounding so hard while she was passed out on Walmart's floor. She is seriously the best and now she is just laughing about the whole experience even though it is kind of embarrassing. I love her so much and I am so grateful that she is ok. So that was my exciting experience today and that is why I am emailing you later on in the day. For the next two Mondays, I should be on between 11 and 12. I love you family! I am working hard and learning so much about the gospel, other people, and just life in general. Hope you have a fantastic week! Love, Sister Murphy

No comments: