Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to school

Well the kids are back in school. Tara is in the 11th grade and is busy with (AP) classes, swim team and life guarding. She got a job at the Y for the fall/winter as a sub and as a bonus gets free membership. Brianne is in 8th and is squad leader at her school. Alyssa is in 6th and Spencer is making the adjustments. After his first day of school he asked, "Do I have to go back tomorrow? Not wanting to be a mean mom and say well kid its just like the rest of your life, I told him to give it a week and not quit the first day. We've been back a month now and he's no longer telling us and trying to convince us on Thursday that its Saturday.

During the summer the kids all medaled on swim team and even though I took off piano lessons during the summer we still didn't get everything done. This year I have 13 piano students and even with all the kids in school you would think I had oodles of time to do this blog, it goes so fast. After Spencer went to school the first day, lunch was a little quiet so I had to call some one, but since then I've made the adjustments!

Trent has a new route over in Picture Rocks and is not sure he made the right decision. No one marks their homes. This month he's been out late. Well have to Waite and see

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Finally! You updated! It is so good to hear what you guys have been up to. Alyssa doesn't look too excited about her pencil cake. Is it because she is not excited about going back to school!? Well you should have plenty of time to update on your blog now.

g.c. said...

Enjoyed reading your update & seeing the pictures of the kids (where is Tara's picture??) Is Spencer enjoying school yet? Melanie is just the opposite - she can't wait & is counting the days until school starts. She is so excited to go to school. In fact I threaten her, "If you don't get your room clean, you can't go to school", "If you don't do your job, I guess you can't go to school", "If you keep fighting with your sister, I guess you won't be able to go to school", etc., etc... It works like a charm & she quickly does what she is suppose for fear she won't be able to go to school. Who ever thought school would be a reward :)

Dana Broderick said...

I can't believe Tara is in the 11th grade! Are you ready to have a child in college? scary! I like the story about Spencer. School looses it's charm really quickly. Audrey is enjoying it but every once in a while tells me "I don't want to go today." I wonder how many times I'll hear that in my lifetime. Gaylynne, be grateful you can still use it as a threat....I laughed at that story! too cute!

Jolene said...

I laughed when I read your comment about Mt. Timp. hike. I thought, Wow Lisa would really want to do a hike that long & then I read your next comment that said nevermind after you found out how long it was!

Jolene said...

Time to update. Mom told me it takes you a while to down load pictures, so just write an update of what is going on:0)