Monday, September 14, 2015

9/14/15

Hi mom! I am so sorry about all that you are going through. Good health is such a blessing I take for granted. I will continue to pray for you. I wish there was something I could do. I like how in your last email you said you know that the Savior knows your pain. I pray that the dentists and doctors will know how to help you. I am sad for Mckay too. That is a big bummer I hope she gets better quickly! Thanks for keeping me updated. I totally forgot it was Aidens birthday today. I remembered it was Brianne's but I dont have her email. If you could send that to me that would be great! As for my address in Moscow it is 1531 S. Lenter St. #9 Moscow, ID 83843. I should at least be at this address for a three more weeks. After general conference is transfers so I will most likely stay but could go somewhere else. I will let you know. I already got some winter boots but Nutella sounds good. I also want a better high quality camera. The picture quality on this one is not very good at all! That is just a thought though if it's too expensive or you already got stuff don't worry about it. This week was an awesome and exhausting week. Elder Johnson from the Seventies came and talked to us about being epistles of Christ and teaching people about God. A lot of people have misconceptions of God so it is important to let them know the nature and personality of God. Sometimes people just think he is like a cloud or entity. Sometimes missionaries assume that people already know that God is our Heavenly Father who has a perfect body and loves his children. It was a cool training to have and then to connect that with the training I had yesterday with Elder Dallin H. Oaks! I got to shake an apostle's hand yesterday. Elder Oaks came down to talk to the Lewiston and Moscow missionaries. He taught us about using the Plan of Salvation to answer questions. One of the biggest things that separate us from other religions is our belief that we can one day become gods or like God. The Plan is all about coming to Earth and being tried so that one day we can be like our Heavenly Father. Sister Ungricht and I had the opportunity to teach a few people that on the college campus yesterday. It was really cool to watch them think about that doctrine. It kind of just changes my whole perspective on life. God gives us commandments so that we can act more like him. When we keep those commandments, he blesses us with more commandments. When I first heard that I was like what?! why would we want to keep the commandments if we will just get more of them. Well I realized commandments are a blessing because they really do help us to act more like gods. There is a scripture in 2 Nephi Chapter 28: 30 that talks about God giving us more when we receive the things he has already given us. Progression! I feel like I have had to progress this last week like none other. I am trying to apply all the doctrine I have learned this week to my life. Anyway it's been sorta of hot up in here in Moscow the last week but I am learning the area. I am also learning how to get along better with my companion. She is an awesome servant of the Lord. We have been running in the morning for a few days this last week. I am already way out of shape! It feels good to get some exercise. I am pretty drained on energy right now but hopefully I can get myself to be energized. I love you so much and I miss you. I am really worried about you and all the things you have been going though. Have a good week! I will talk to you next Monday!

No comments: