Saturday, September 5, 2015

Alyssa mission email 3

Hi mom and dad! I am so glad your ear aching is being fixed. I've been worried about that lately. I'm glad that you got down to the root of it haha:) thanks for keeping me updated with that it sucks to feel miserable! Also I did give my luggage receipt to them and they should be reimbursing me on my missionary card. Also thanks for letting me know my current balance so I can know how much I can spend for winter clothes. Well here I am in Moscow, Idaho. Woohoo! A mission is incredibly hard to adjust too. I have been so exhausted the last couple days. I get no time to chill. It is go, go, go! the first couple of days I showed up, it was really smokey. We opened our apartment door and the air smelt like campfire. We had to stay in that day. It was hazardous to health. It rained the last couple of days and so now the air is so much better. My bike is alright. I don't feel like it is to high quality for the price I paid but oh well it works. My companion and I biked to church yesterday and my skirt got caught in the wheel. I need to wear a better skirt next time. We also share a car with other sisters in the area so we get to drive a couple days a week. My sister trainer(companion) is so awesome and really nice. When we came into the area, there wasn't much work done previously and so we are starting from ground zero. She is very hardworking and knows how to get the area moving along. We are over Moscow University married student wards 2 and 6. It is confusing having two wards. We met the bishops and ward mission leaders and even alot of members so far. They are so nice to us and have given u a lot of food. Our apartment when we first came in was lived in by elders who had an emergency transfer and so it was vacant for about a month. First of all no one had the right key for this apartment so we had to pop out the window screen and luckily the window wasn't locked so we climbed through the window. The keys were hanging inside the apartment. the apartment was also a disaster, there was garments on the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, rotting food on the counters and fridge, and the bathroom was pretty disgusting. So on the smokey day, my companion and I cleaned all day. Now it is home sweet home! Life is busy as a missionary and I am trying hard to adjust. I love street contacting although I get nervous and do not know what to say. We ran into some agnostics and atheists and that was interesting to hear their views. The University of Idaho is so close to us and perfect to street contact because there are so many people on campus. My companion and I also ran into an anti-mormon yesterday while trying to contact a potential investigator. Our potential's roommate was the one home and and boy he was ready to give us a talking to. He told us what we were teaching was blasphemy and that we were going to hell. That there is no prophet on the earth today and that we were following a false prophet. He got out his bible and gave it to us and told us to read it. We asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon and he said he had. He said that Joseph Smith made it up that it didn't bring others unto Christ. It was kind of a crazy conversation and we should have left sooner. He didn't want us to leave though. He said he didn't want to agree to disagree. I guess what he wanted was to tear down our faith. When we finally got out of there, he told us he would pray for us that we would see the errors of our ways. We then responded that we would pray for him too haha:) yeah so that was pretty crazy but I went home and read the Book of Mormon. I decided that the Book of Mormon is true and that is crazy to say that it doesn't bring you unto Christ. So that experience is actually strengthening my testimony. Um, well that is all i can think of right now but this week has just been crazy busy. I am taking one day at a time or else it seems to overwhelming. Oh and in the attachment is a picture of my companion and I with our area board. I was so exhausted that day and the last thing we did that day was organize our board.Well I love you and am glad that you are doing better. Let me know if there is anything I can pray about for you. Let Spencer know that I want to hear from him and how school is going even if it is really short. I miss him! And take Bella on a walk for me;) Anyway hope you have a good week! I'll talk to you next Monday Love, Sister Murphy

No comments: