Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Alyssa email 9/8/25

Thank you Mom for the song lyrics. I have been having some tougher days. I am really sorry you are still in pain. I will continue to pray for you. The weather in Moscow last weekend has been cold! It was in the forites and fifties with wind and rain. I am going shopping today for winter clothes. Today is Pday instead of labor day because it was a holiday and a good day to proselyte when people are home. Yesterday was blue skies and 70 degrees. It was a good labor day. My companion and I talked to alot of families in the neighborhood and in the parks. I get tired really fast and at the end of a day I am whooped. I could barely keep my eyes open til 10:30 yesterday. There is this rule that we have to go to bed and arise the same time as our companion. My companion is super obedient so I am trying really hard to keep all the rules. Who knew that 8 hours of sleep a night was not enough! We have met some real interesting people the last couple of days. A lot of people try to avoid us. We do a lot of street contacting on the college campus. Sometimes we will go up to a person and say "hi! how are you doing today?" and they will completely ignore you or walk away saying "I can't hear you!" Haha yeah so we get rejected alot. But there is this scripture in John 15:8 that talks about how the world hated Christ before it hated you. I love it every time we get rejected now I remember that I am in good company. I do not know how the Savior loved us. We are so rude and ungrateful. He did this an amazing atonement and yet people will just spit in his face. The savior's love is a miracle. Something I feel unworthy to have but yet do have. My testimony of the restoration has grown this last week. We have ran into people trying to tear our beliefs down. They say that Joseph Smith is a false prophet and the Book Of Mormon will bring wrath upon us. they think that the Book of Mormon takes you away from the strait and narrow path and that there is only the Bible. We then ask them if they have sincerely read the Book of Mormon and of course the answer is "no". If they would only soften their hearts and read the word. So it's been kind of hard. People have told us we are going to hell and one man told us we were mentally ill and should get some help. He was an atheist and said any person that believes in God is crazy. I have had to reflect on my testimony over and over again. I love the way I feel though when I am studying the Book of Mormon and I am trying to be obey the lord. To end on a positive note, last Saturday was the Farmers Market in Moscow. The missionaries run a stand there about family history and family home evening. We make balloon animals for the children that come by. So I got to learn how to make balloon animals! I learned how to make a dog, swan, snail, and sword. I was proud of myself. I'll send you a picture in the attachment. Oh hey and Elder Levi Morse is in the same area as me. We took a picture together and that is in the attachment as well. Anyway I hope you have a good week. I love you! Sister Murphy

No comments: