Saturday, September 5, 2015

Alyssa mission email 1

Hi Mom and Dad! I love you so much and miss you. I guess my P-day will be Friday for this week and next week but I'm not sure what it will be in Washington. The first day I got here, I was super stressed and frustrated. It is a big adjustment for sure. I can't really explain what its like to be in the MTC, you just have to come to know what it is like. They keep you really busy! I love my district though and my teachers. My companions name is Sister Thompson and she is super sweet and obedient. It has been hard already because I'm so used to being alone but now I have to keep a companion with me at all times. It's nice to have a friend though. I have already had to take dads advice about looking at things through my companions eyes, I have become frustrated and annoyed at times. Anyway, the first day here is really tough, I went to bed with a heavy heart but each day has been better. I have felt the spirit here and getting great information on how to teach the gospel more efficiently. Oh hey I have also seen Elder Lyon a few times already. I only talked to him once at breakfast yesterday other than that we just wave at each other in the hallway. He seems like he is doing great and is excited about the gospel. I've also ran into Sister Flake (Molly Flake from EAC. I played the piano for her!) She is actually in my zone and we say good morning to each other in the bathroom. On accident, I have called her by her first name a couple of times...whoops. Something to get used to. I want to let you know I am doing a lot better now. I had a bad last couple of nights trying to understand the gospel. I know it's true but so many times I doubt and get caught up in little things. I guess I am easily influenced by others and especially investigator's doubts definitely not good for a missionary. So I made new goals to protect myself from those negative thoughts. I am loving personal and companion study! That is where i feel peace the most. Only the third day at the MTC and i am learning so much. I miss you, dad, and Spencer. Tell me how Spencer is doing and if anything cool is happening at home. I love you and will pray for you! I will also try to send a picture of my companion and I next week to you. Love, Sister Murphy

No comments: